Takanori Isobe was born in Hamamatsu, Japan, in 1978. He received the M.S. degree in nuclear engineering from Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan, in 2005 and the Ph.D. degree in energy sciences from Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan, in 2008.
From 2008 to 2010, he was a Researcher with the Tokyo Institute of Technology. From 2010 to 2012, he was an Assistant Professor at the Research Laboratory for Nuclear Reactors, Tokyo Institute of Technology. From 2013 to 2014, he was with MERSTech, Tokyo, Japan. In 2013, he joined the University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan, where he is currently an Associate Professor with the Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences. His research interests include static reactive power compensators and soft-switching power converters.
Dr. Isobe is a member of the Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan and The Japan Institute of Power Electronics.
- C. Huang, J. Zhang, T. Mannen and T. Isobe, “Efficiency improvement with off-time discrete control for GaN-based MHz-operated discontinuous current mode grid-tied inverter,” in IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 57, no. 5, pp. 5108-5116, Sept.-Oct. 2021, DOI: 10.1109/TIA.2021.3093254.
- K. Itoh, R. Barrera-Cardenas, M. Ishigaki, T. Sugiyama, T. Isobe, and H. Tadano, “Analysis and Design of a Single-Stage Isolated DC/AC Converter for a High-Power-Density Onboard AC Inverter,” IEEJ Transaction on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, vol. 17, pp.120-131, Jan. 2022, DOI:10.1002/tee.23494.
- C. Zhang, T. Isobe, J. A. Suul, T. Dragičević and M. Molinas, “Parametric Stability Assessment of Single-Phase Grid-Tied VSCs Using Peak and Average DC Voltage Control,” in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 2904-2915, March 2022, DOI: 10.1109/TIE.2021.3068551.
- M. Li, R. Iijima, T. Mannen, T. Isobe and H. Tadano, “New Modulation for Z-Source Inverters With Optimized Arrangement of Shoot-Through State for Inductor Volume Reduction,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 2573-2582, March 2022, DOI: 10.1109/TPEL.2021.3109672.
- H. Xu, S. Nomura and T. Isobe, “Design and Development of a High-Frequency Magnet Prototype for Magnetic Hyperthermia Applications,” in IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1-6, June 2020, Art no. 4702806, DOI: 10.1109/TASC.2020.2978791.
- JianTao Zhang, Takanori Isobe, Hiroshi Tadano, “Reduction of harmonic current distortion for single‐phase grid‐tied inverter operated in discontinuous current mode,” IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 6，pp. 947-995, June 2020, DOI:10.1002/tee.23138.
- C. Zhang, M. Molinas, S. Føyen, J. A. Suul and T. Isobe, “Harmonic Domain SISO Equivalent Impedance Modeling and Stability Analysis of a Single-phase Grid Connected VSC,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 9770-9783, Sept. 2020, DOI: 10.1109/TPEL.2020.2970390.
- T. Isobe, R. A. Barrera-Cardenas, Z. He, Y. Zou, K. Terazono and H. Tadano, “Control of Three-Phase Solid-State Transformer With Phase-Separated Configuration for Minimized Energy Storage Capacitors,” in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 3014-3028, Sept. 2020, DOI: 10.1109/JESTPE.2019.2923785.
- J. Zhang, T. Isobe and H. Tadano, “Model-Based Control for Grid-Tied Inverters Operated in Discontinuous Current Mode With Low Harmonic Current Distortion,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 11167-11180, Oct. 2020, DOI: 10.1109/TPEL.2020.2978871.
- C. Zhang, M. Molinas, S. Føyen, J. A. Suul and T. Isobe, “An Integrated Method for Generating VSCs’ Periodical Steady-State Conditions and HSS-Based Impedance Model,” in IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 2544-2547, Oct. 2020, DOI: 10.1109/TPWRD.2020.2965771.
- Ryuji Iijima, Takanori Isobe, Hiroshi Tadano, “Optimized Short-Through Time Distribution for Inductor Current Ripple Reduction in Z-Source Inverters Using Space-Vector Modulation” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 55, No. 3, pp. 2922-2930, May-June 2019, DOI:10.1109/TIA.2019.2898848
- Yushi Koyama, Takanori Isobe, “Current control of modular multilevel converters with phase‐shifted pwm using a daisy‐chained distributed control system,” IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 1095-1104, July 2019. DOI:10.1002/tee.22905
- Rene Barrera-Cardenas, Takanori Isobe, Marta Molinas, “A Meta-Parameterized Approach for the Evaluation of Semiconductor Technologies,” IEEJ Journal of Industry Applications, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 210–217, DOI:10.1541/ieejjia.7.210 (2018)
- T. Isobe, D. Shiojima, K. Kato, Y. R. R. Hernandez, and R. Shimada, “Full-bridge reactive power compensator with minimized-equipped capacitor and its application to static var compensator,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 31, iss. 1, pp. 224-234, 2016. DOI:10.1109/TPEL.2015.2412954